Friday, April 3, 2009

I got something in!!

Sadly I didn't have any of my artwork accepted into the Gallery 125, 2009 Summer Exhibit. I admit that I was hoping to show at a new venue. I can't be too upset as there is always next year to try again plus I noticed that they will have a call for photography submissions later this June. :P

HOWEVER, the director of the Trenton City Museum, who is also a friend, called earlier this evening to inform me that two of my pieces ("I Know Who I AM" and "Abandoned in Iowa I") entered for the Ellarslie Open XXVII was accepted and an additional piece of art ("(Re)New Orleans") that almost made it into the EO will instead be exhibited in the 3rd annual Salon De Refuse!!!!!

I'm looking at a few more competitions with May deadlines, but I'm also thinking that maybe I need to hold off until I have a better idea on what is going on with my job.. I am already spending a huge chunk of my savings on the Sun & Shadows exhibit and need to save money for my second trip to Turkey this Summer.......

No comments: