I'm in Algona, IA. I have been here fore a few days, tortured with lovely clear blue skies and was unable to go out and explore because of work. The truck stop is filled with trucks and their Wind Turbine parts, and the delivery site is slowly allowing everyone to unload. All this delay because of the crap weather from last week. Farm fields are extra soft and the crewmen can only do so much in a day. Since we have to wait until it is 100% sure that we are not delivering I can't roam too from the truck stop.
Sigh....
Fortunately today I was able to break free and drive about 15 miles or so East from Algona and venture into another house!
The house was amongst overgrown weeds and inside were several pieces of farm related equipment such as tractor tires and metal barrels.. The roof in the back of the house had collapsed in and the room was filled with earthy organic material. Windows were broken and the front door was left wide open.
I gingerly stepped in and carefully explored the first floor. There was a second level and I was brave enough to venture about four steps up before I thought better of it and quickly returned to the base level. I am NOT brave enough to explore an unstable second level without someone around to help.. Not yet at least. :P
No comments:
Post a Comment