Thursday, April 15, 2010

Joyful Me!

About a month ago a friend and I decided to explore what we later learned was an old Epileptic hospital/village that was abandoned in the mid 90's. During our short adventure we came across one of the local workers, Gary, who was kind enough to answer a few questions and even kinder to give me a contact number to call for more information!!

A week or so later I called the number and spoke to a woman by the name of Gail and inquired about gaining access to inside the buildings. She asked that I make a formal inquiry via email and that when received she will pass it along to the right people.

Well some time had past by and I had not heard anything from Gail. I was beginning to worry that maybe I sent my request was going to be denied or that I may have sent the email to the wrong address..

But then earlier today I had the chance to speak to Gail and she informed me that my request was GRANTED!

I won't have access to all the buildings, but I will be allowed to enter and photograph all the hospital building, the theatre and another building referred to as Maple. I will also have access to all of the outside grounds! In exchange for the access the Township would like to have a few of the photos for their collection.

I am pretty darn excited about this!!! I feel that this is a huge turning point in my career as an artist and will hopefully help me open doors to photograph other abandoned historic buildings!


No comments: