Saturday, June 13, 2009

Nebraska adventures

Last week I took the long detoured route back to Fargo, ND. Along the way I found this interesting old home among several old abandoned buildings. It look as if the small town itself was abandoned, however I noticed two newer houses still occupied. I decided that it would be best to ask permission to photographed the older houses in the area since I didn't want to be arrested for trespassing. An elderly woman with a friendly black cat answered the door and gave me the permission I desired. Below are two pics from the bigger house.. I couldn't believe my luck when I looked through one of the broken windows. The peeling wall paper, old furniture and shaggy carpet made for a perfect photo find!






I noticed this house on the drive toward WY. When I returned there were two men working hard at transforming the landscape to be more suitable for a new cherry and apple orchard. The men were kind enough to allow me to walk around while they worked. I made sure to stay out of there way and captured one of them here by the house :P. This guy was really cool! before I left he came up to me with a wild baby bunny in his hands. the little guy was just chilling, unafraid of the two large humans looming over it. I held it for a few minutes and tried to let it go, but he was content to stay where is was. Very tempting to bring him home, but wild animals belong in the wild........ plus I had no way of bringing him back to NJ :P

No comments: