Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Passing Strangers


I finally finally finally finished my artist statement for my show this November.

Why does it take me so long to write a few sentences about why I make the art I make??? I'm beginning to accept that words are not my creative medium. I can go on for ever talking/writing about the most random topics, but when it is time to focus on a subject my mind freezes up and all the wonderful ideas that came out so organically before is dammed up in some dark closet at that back of my mind! I envy those who talents lie with language.. i wish I could dance as gracefully with words as those around me do.

After a month of battling writers block with constant revisions I managed to finally find a focus and in the process was able to send everything in on time to the gallery director. :P

The show is titled Passing Strangers.

Its an exhibition of portraits that I had taken during my travels. Through these encounters with these complete strangers I can see or better understand aspects of my own identity. They reflect, for me, emotions I was feeling or they help me to better understand and define my own individual culture. We tend to see ourselves through our views of others.


Juke Joint Bartender (2008)

Opening reception is:

Friday, November 13 at 6pm.
Cafe Ole
126 S. Warren St.
Trenton, NJ



No comments: