Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Back in Iowa

We stopped in Algona, IA yesterday with plenty of daylight hours available for me to go off an explore a little old farm house about an hour away. I saw it while we were driving to our destination. The composition of the property was so enchanting I knew I had to rush back and explore the premise with my camera!

This wasn't a completely abandoned property, though the house is far from being used by anyone! While looking around the house itself I cam across several bee hives and metal barrels used to help smoke the bees for honey collection. I was lucky that it was a cool October day otherwise I might have pissed off some angry bees!! :P

The house itself was very small! Not much was left behind from previous occupants except for a twin size bed in the tiny front bedroom and a kitchen sink attached to the frame of a window. There was no going inside! the floor was obviously to fragile!

I was actually worried that I would be caught snooping around this house. It was located off a busy Hwy and a farmhouse was located not to far from the place. I wasn't sure if they owned the bee hives or not..

Though the light wasn't so bad at certain angles, it could have been better. A Midday sun would have been better for photographing the tiny bedroom in the front. In fact the hole front side of the building was in the shadow because of a late afternoon light source.





No comments: