Again I am in KS with tons of extra time to kill! So I figured that I could just drive around and look for "new" Old houses to explore. I did find two decrepit buildings, but they lacked in interest compared to previous buildings.
The first one (pictured below) kinda scared me a bit. The front was filled with large buzzing flies and inside the main room was a small dead bird hanging from a wire. This is NOT the first time I came across a dead bird inside an abandoned Kansas house. I'm beginning to think that there is some strange cultish activity going on in the Sunflower State.......
I also didn't enter the building because the inside looked unsteady to me. I make it a rule not to damage, touch or move anything when I explore decaying homes. Partly out of respect and partly out of not wanting to leave any evidence of my presence to the current owners of the property.
The second building that I found may not actually have been abandoned. It caught my attention because it was brightly colored with green and pink walls. Most of the property around the building was mowed and there were plenty of cement bricks laying around. It looked like the house may have been recently under renovation but the project was put on hold or something. I did walk up to the where a door would have hung and looked inside. the place was a mess but I could see from an odd angle that there was a telescope and a printer still there. Also I think I may have hear what sounded like a TV around the corner. The sound was faint so I am not really positive if I actually heard it or not. Surely if there was anyone there they could have heard me walking up to the door. I wasn't exactly quiet as a mouse with my feet stomping through the overgrown weeds. I thought it best to walk away toward my car and head out. Don't know how someone, if there was anything there, would react to my snooping around.
No comments:
Post a Comment