I was born in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Located about an hour south of Birmingham. For the first time since my parents left Alabama 27 years ago I had the chance to see the area where they lived, and their first home in Alabama after they hitchhiked their way from New Jersey.
It was a pretty area with los of green forrests and a mountian landscape, but I am VERY thankful they moved. I was meant to be a Jersey Girl :)
Their first home was a single room behind a truck diner surrounded by nothing. They had no running water and had to shower outside behind the diner. their next home was also with our running water and located on a mountian next to a lake that was of no use due to the high levels of some mineral. The house they had when I was born no longer exists and a trailor about the same size of the camper I use to live in with my family in Colorado was in its place..... NOT a big and roomy home..
Hopefully next time I am in this area I can visit some of hte local museums. I wanted to see both the Art and Civil rights museums. food was not so good, but not the worse.
No comments:
Post a Comment