Friday, August 28, 2009

Kansas Adventure!

Finally we are back to work!! For the next month at least, not sure what is happening afterward. I was actually starting to get a little nervous to when this particular job project was going to start. The pickup date was postponed several times this Summer. 

We picked up the Windtower base in Coleman, TX  earlier this week and are traveling what feels like the longest possible route to IL. But I'm NOT complaining!!! The longer the route the more $$ I make. The best part of this project are the numerous abandoned farm houses I have been able to map along the way for future exploration! 

In Kansas I was able to explore one of these houses! The house was erected near the state highway nestled behind a row of almost barren trees. I was able to easily crawl under a large metal gate at the corner of the property before proceeding through a yard overgrown with tall weeds and sticky plants. Sticky plants would be a good reason to NOT wear flip flops in rural Kansas. 









No comments: