Thursday, January 21, 2010

Revisiting Old Art Part 2.

As promised here are two photos taken of the same piece depicting the drastic change of color from last spring to now..

The First image was taken maybe last May or possibly early June of 2009. You can see the lovely violet blues I spoke of in last night's blog entry. Even the drips in the background were more define...

The second image was taken early this morning. You can see the how the tea staining changed since last spring..

Both images are taken in similar lighting conditions. And the drawing was kept in a portfolio case, therefore it was safe from the effects of light.

I don't think the natural changes are bad. It comes with the territory of working with organic materials in art. As I had stated last night I had to go back and rework some area. Specifically the sweater and the hair.. Graphite pencils were used to create darker tones and some added texture to the sweater. For the hair I simply went in and added some finer and subtle details..


No comments: